Coburn Place is a transitional (up to two years) housing program that provides supportive activities for women who want to become self-sufficient.
PHASE 1 - Determining Initial Eligibility
1. An applicant or referring agency should call Coburn Place to inquire about the program and availability. Referring agencies may screen for income-eligibility and domestic violence, or determination can be made during the initial telephone call.
2. An interview will be scheduled for an eligible applicant. Additionally, an application can be mailed or faxed to expedite the process. The applicant will also be provided with a list of required documentation needed to successfully complete the process.
PHASE 2 – Interviewing and Gathering Information
1. At the interview appointment, the applicant will complete the program application, if she has not already, and be interviewed by staff. At this time, the applicant will be asked to sign necessary releases to obtain information.
2. The applicant will receive a tour of the building.
3. Staff will make program entrance determination based on the interview and information gathered. The applicant will be responsible for gathering some of the information needed to determine program eligibility and to qualify for IRS Section 42 rental guidelines.
4. It may take up to three weeks to gather all of the information needed. Coburn Place staff will do their best to expedite the process. The applicant is expected to do the same.
5. If it is clear that the Coburn Place program is not a good match for the applicant, she will be notified immediately.
PHASE 3 – Moving In
1. When an applicant is accepted to the program, an appointment will be scheduled to complete the move-in process. At that time, the following documents will be signed: the lease, the income certification, and the program policies.
2. The resident will complete a final inspection of the apartment with staff and receive keys.
GENERAL PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
1. Each resident will actively engage in a personal plan of development with her case manager and maintain a safe and supportive building community.
2. Residents will be responsible for paying rent on time and for maintaining their apartments and common areas.
3. Only persons on the lease may live at Coburn Place Safe Haven.
4. Coburn Place is a non-smoking building.
5. Active substance use, which includes alcohol, will not be accepted. Use of drugs and alcohol could result in eviction.